Friday, December 07, 2007

Prayers from Italy

One praise song has the lyrics, "I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside." That is how I feel after learning that brothers and sisters in Christ are praying for us today in Italy. Here is how it happened.

I recently discovered a website (http://www.documentacatholicaomnia.eu/) that has existed for about a year and that contains all the Latin writings from the time of the Apostles until the present age. This is truly a magnificent academic site, unparalleled in its scope. I emailed the people involved, whom I do not know, to thank them. One of them, an Italian named Giuseppe, emailed me back yesterday, and after further email with him, he said the following:

Tomorrow we will all pray and will fast for you, your family, your school, and your country, the US.

I was so stunned when I read this last night that I could hardly speak. I am humbled by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that he would adopt us into a family with brothers and sisters around the world and that He would inspire some of them to be praying for us today. I never cease to be astounded by His grace.

No comments: